Monday, June 27, 2011

Wingshooting

My dad and I went wingshooting in upstate New York. In wingshooting, a target is thrown up/across/down from a machine into the air and the shooter has to aim at the target and shoot at it. We used rifles that can cost up to $20,000! On the first day, we split into groups and each group had a different instructor. Since it was our first time shooting, our instructor taught us how to position the gun, how to aim, and of course, how to hit the target. On my first try, I was so anxious on hitting the target, I pulled the trigger too early and I completely missed, but it was very exhilarating. After my dad and I got used to the feeling of shooting, we started to hit some targets. At the end of the last day of shooting school, we got the chance to go around the course and hit a variety of targets. Now I am officially capable of saying, "I know how to handle guns".

No comments:

Post a Comment